Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Why The Invaders?

When I decided to blog The Invaders, I was asked why this show and not Lost in Space. My immediate response was that Lost in Space is a well known show, but there are still a lot of people who are unaware of The Invaders, which may be one reason why I have chosen to write about it, but there's more to it than that.


I first picked up both seasons of The Invaders in 2013. I had never heard of the series before, and after reading the description, I was intrigued enough to buy it and watch it. I watched the episodes over the scorching days of summer in 2013 and fell in love with it. It has all the things I love about The Invasion of the Body Snatchers, North by Northwest, the X-Files and Kolchak, and the music of Dominic Frontiere is the icing on the cake. Handsome Roy Thinnes is a delight to watch in this show, and having many of the popular actors of the day guest star makes it a special treat. This brilliant show does have its share of fans and it is a wonder that it is not more widely known and celebrated.


Like most shows, this one has its weaknesses. I don't remember specifically what they are and am about to rediscover them, but I do have a fondness for this show that I also hope to rediscover. I will be describing the action from each episode and adding in my own personal reflections.


Posts will happen on Tuesdays at 8:30pm, which is when episodes originally aired, in keeping with my fictional TV time portal.


Here's an interview with Roy Thinnes on French TV. At 25:00, Roy describes a real UFO sighting he had.


The Invaders will finally arrive next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment