Sunday, September 3, 2017

Forging Ahead with Season 2

I started blogging about The Invaders on a whim back in January. I soon realized I had no idea what I had gotten myself into, and was in over my head. I thought weekly blogging would be doable, but I soon found myself unable to keep up with my 50 year anniversary posts. I wasn't sure I was going to attempt Season 2, but I've decided to forge ahead with the adventures of David Vincent. I am not making any promises about posting on the anniversary of episodes, but it's my goal to post once a week.


There is something special about this series that has drawn me to it. I explained some of the reasons why in my introductory post. I suppose I am also enamored with the quaint retro technology, the crooked alien pinky fingers, the cerebral hemorrhage inducing discs, the regeneration tubes, the aliens' obsessiveness with destroying any trace of their existence, and their utter inability to stop David Vincent, that makes this series distinctive. I suppose I must continue watching to find out if the human race will be saved or if the aliens will take over. Will they settle for coexistence with humans, or will they annihilate all Earthlings in making this planet their own? Along the way, I expect there will be some question of whether or not humans are worth saving.


While I have seen the entire series once, several years ago, I don't really remember details of the episodes or how the series comes to an end. Part of my reason for blogging is so I can easily revisit episodes and refresh my memory, though I've also found that by writing about the show, I notice many more details than by just viewing casually. I hope that my feeble attempts at blogging this series may lead others to discover the enjoyable realm of The Invaders. The first episode of Season 2, "Condition: Red," will be posted on Tuesday, September 5th at 8:30 pm.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ¡Gracias amigo! Publicaré un nuevo episodio dentro de una semana. ¡Viva Los Invasores!

      Delete